View Single Post
Old 11-10-2018, 02:22 PM   #18
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjosh View Post
Yes you do, unless you get burnt and have to make up ground like is often the case with our corners.
You're among the large swath of individuals that don't get man coverage right.

Man coverage is hopping on the bull and riding it for as long as you can while you hope the buzzer sounds before you get bucked. There's NOTHING easy about man and no, very very few players are constantly able to get their heads around in man because they're route matching and just reacting every time.

Yes, sometimes in an off man kind of situation you can read a hitch route and drive on it for a pick, sure. But on those downfield routes, you read your WR and you get a hand up 90% of the time.

Man coverage isn't a flashy style, it's isn't aesthetically pleasing and it never will be for physical corners like Nelson and Scandrick. It's about getting out there and disrupting passes by hook or by crook. And on the balls you're talking about (presumably deep balls), rarely do guys get their heads around and make plays on the ball. On other passes - the balls over the middle; crossers and things like that, Nelson does a nice job of playing the ball.

I reiterate, you'll be hard pressed to find a person on this board that's been more critical of Nelson than me. It's kinda become a shtick because it annoys Staylor and that Oregon State fan we have 'round here. I wasn't going to be an easy convert of his because I've never really believed in him and he was hot garbage last season. But he's been genuinely good this year. He may be dogshit from this point forward but there's no argument that he hasn't been one of the better corners in the AFC to this point in the year.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.