Thread: Football Aaron Donald retiring
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2024, 11:38 AM   #34
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Donald, at his apex, was the best defensive player I've ever seen. I don't remember Reggie in his prime or it might be him.

But since about 1994 when I can really remember football players a bit better, nobody even really approaches Donald. Maybe peak JJ Watt.

The way he was able to destroy offenses while simultaneously being 100% assignment sound and just not taking plays off was really incredible.

People want to compare Jones to Donald but I really don't see a comparison. Jones is a fantastic interior pass rusher and a probable hall of famer in his own right. Aaron Donald was something different. Greatest to ever play his position and one of the best defensive players of all time.
Yeah Donald might be the best defensive player ever. Of course I wasn't able to watch everyone, but the dominance in the league during a time that the rules overwhelmingly help the offense is crazy. Jones in his prime doesn't even come close to Donald. He is just on a whole different level.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.