Thread: Food and Drink Thanksgiving 2017 food
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2017, 02:31 PM   #122
MVP

Let us know how that acidic brine works for you?

I bought 4 ducks and 2 Honeysuckle white birds ($.34lb) when they were on sale so I will be smokin/ frying birds in the spring, until then they enjoy the freezer. I picked up a couple of green hams from my upscale butcher, great price, one I will freeze and the other will brine in the fridge of the RV for 36 hours and get smoked in AZ. Brine is nothing fancy but lots of clove embedded into the meat.
I am hoping to stud it with hab. pepper chunks but the SO does and will make an opinion known on that her opinion counts. I wannas try ghost peppers but not only is she hot but she knows how to fight dirty. Not going to take that chance.

Have a great T-Day. Make some memories....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBone View Post
Decided to stick to a small traditional dinner with just me, my wife, and son. I'm smoking the turkey and the wife will handle the sides and desserts. The kid will help where needed.

Got the turkey in a brine now:

Water
Salt
Sugar
Orange slices
Lemon slices
Lime slices
Onion
Garlic
Thyme

First time I've used that brine, but it smelled fantastic on the stove.

I think the sides are corn, mashed potatoes & gravy, biscuits, green bean casserole, Mac n cheese, and pumpkin pie for dessert. Pretty simple, but I'm looking forward to a small thanksgiving at home for the first time in a while. We're usually traveling to family or going to a friend's house.
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.