View Single Post
Old 10-01-2014, 10:30 AM   #3680

Couple thoughts as I get ready to go to work (thank God I took the morning off).

I agreed with most of Ned's decisions last night, but I strongly disagreed with one very crucial decision in the middle of the game. I think you all know which one. I'm not opposed to bringing Ventura into a playoff game to lock it down, but I don't think that was the time. Shields was supposed to be the man, he had a good 5th inning, his pitchcount was fine, and he didn't look THAT bad in the 6th. Whatever, we got away with it, and I agreed with the bunting shenanigans and insane running that he was calling for late in the game.

I just KNEW we were going to win the game in the bottom of the 9th, 10th, and 11th innings. I just knew were we gonna drive in that runner from third. In the 12th inning when we had the game tied after Gordon was out, I no longer knew what was going to happen. I didn't really think we were going to stop playing baseball. Right before we won, I thought I was trapped in baseball purgatory and damned to watch this never-ending game forever.
alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.