View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 10:52 PM   #4983
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
It depends. If you are throwing 25 TD's to 15 INT's then that is horrible, but if you are scoring points then it's because you are passing a lot and it will be bound to happen.

Drew Brees threw 15 INT's last year, but he also threw 37 TD's and ran for 2 more.

You're doing a good job as a QB when you are scoring almost 3X as much as you are turning the ball over, unless you are not scoring and not turning it over.
That's a good point. I also think the timing of INTs is huge as well. Brady and Brees generally are not going to throw an INT during clutch time. P Manning in the regular season same thing, playoffs I don't think P Manning was clutch at all. Anyway, Rivers has had his moments but overall I don't think he is clutch. Far too often he throws an INT when the team could take the lead or tie the game etc...

Who can forget when they had us beat on national TV and he fumbled the snap? I mean really, a fumbled snap? Could you imagine Brady doing something like that?

Overall I think Rivers is a good QB but he just doesn't have that, i have no idea what the word is, but whatever it is he just doesn't have it. Brady has it, Montana has it, MJ had it, Big Ben has it etc.. With the game on the line you want it in those guys hands, Rivers not so much.. That's one of the reasons he will never be mentioned among the greats. He'll just be another good QB who put up a bunch of stats and never won a SB.

Still a hell of a QB though and fun to watch at times. Weird throwing motion but he makes it work. Also, when he gets hot there is not much you can do he is as good as anyone. Probably the only bigtime trash talking QB out there as well for whatever that is worth.
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.