Thread: Movies and TV Terminator: Dark Fate
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 12:49 PM   #31
Bring it on Ahab!

At first I wondered why they cast Justin Beiber as the terminator.

Then someone pointed out that was a woman.

Yikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz View Post
You realize Sarah Connor was in the first 2 movies and the main character right?
So funny how this comment actually flips SO MANY narratives on it's head.

Particularly 'Misogynists sabotage movies with women!"

But yeah. The first two films, the only ones universally loved, had a female lead. Strong female leads are a staple of Cameron period, and it's been that way for over 3 decades. So... I guess action fans aren't hateful misogynists. Maybe that's just an excuse they (specifically the director) are putting out there ahead of the release to sandbag for the fact they know it sucks. It's a marketing strategy at this point, and it never works. I think the directors stupid words assured this film loses money. It was already unlikely to make money based on the fact that we're ALL bored with these movies at this point.

Hell, Terminator 3 was actually the highest grossing Terminator, and the lead villian was a woman. And John Conner's girl was WAY more competent than he was. It still made money.

It doesn't matter. What does matter is the Terminator is a played out property. In my mind there's only 2 cannon films because I don't care, even a little, about the crap that came after T2.

Last edited by WhiteWhale; 07-18-2019 at 12:56 PM..
WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.