View Single Post
Old 05-29-2020, 05:35 PM   #18
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I don't think that Dorsey made the most important picks that moved this franchise forward.

Fisher? You have to be kidding me. That's a Reid selection all day long, same with Kelce. It's been documented time and time again that Chris Ballard did all of the legwork on Marcus Peters.

Fulton and LDT are definitely Reid selections. His mother attended the same college as LDT in Canada! So basically ANY offensive lineman is an Andy selection, period, and there's no way you're going to convince me otherwise.

The Buffalo trade was NOT executed by Dorsey. For ****'s Sake Dude, McDermott and the rest of the Bills coaching staff and front office are basically Reid's children! He brought them up, trained them an in McDermott's case, fired them, too. There's no way that trade goes down like it does without Andy Reid's relationship with those guys.

The comparison was an apt comparison. Peterson's first five years drafting versus Dorsey'd first five years of drafting.

In hindsight, Dorsey should never have been the hire. He and Reid obviously clashed on personnel, something that hasn't happened since Brett Veach has become the GM.

And Dorsey didn't help his reputation in Cleveland, either. Maybe he hit on Nick Chubb and the jury's still out on Mayfield (although those deliberations are certainly siding against him at this point) but I just don't believe he brought anything "special" to the table and without Reid, he'd have never been a GM.
I get what you are saying Dane but if someone is the GM they have final say on all picks. Dorsey could have vetoed any of Reids 'picks,' you are crazy to think Dorsey didn't have final say on everything including the Mahomes trade and pick.

Veach was a part of Dorseys team. Dorsey was the leader. Any good GM needs good scouts.
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.