View Single Post
Old 02-06-2024, 12:55 AM   #97
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
If I remember right, Thomas WAS available in this draft at 19. You could certainly go that route (or Franklin) and approach it differently, but I was purposely trying to avoid taking a WR in round 1.

One thing that makes me more informed about the draft - and I think better able to be balanced when reacting to the things the Chiefs actually do - is trying to take different approaches and see how they work out.

Roster building is intricate and fascinating. There are a lot of factors, so these "whole offseason" exercises are a lot of fun. I'll do a few more, I'm sure, as the draft approaches.

Re: Burton, I think that's a player with a well-rounded skillset who can be a much better pro than college player.

He doesn't drop the ball. He tracks deep balls well. He has good speed and solid size. He can run routes. He has been an inside and outisde receiver in college. It's not as sexy as Franklin or Brian Thomas (who I think is a one-trick pony right now, though he is very, very good at that one trick).
It's a good point on the whole offense approach. I'm too lazy and not confident enough in my cap workings. Would quite like to do a few versions otherwise.

You've got me thinking on Samuel, he might now be my WR FA preference.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.