View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 10:26 AM   #23
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kepp View Post
Okay, so I joined a gym after a LONG absence from lifting/working out. I have been running for 10 years or so and am in good overall cardio shape, but have gotten skinny fat, as runners often do.

In my mid-to-late 20's, I was much more into lifting. My max bench reached 295 at one point. But I have to say, I'm a bit discouraged. I've been going for a few weeks now, but I can barely put up 135 a couple times. I'm basically starting from scratch.

I'm 5'11" and weigh ~175, but I have a higher fat percentage than I'd like...like over 20%. My goal is to be tone (belly) and gain strength. I don't necessarily feel the need to get to where I used to be, but I'd like to be able to do 225 a few times.

So...lose fat, tone up, gain strength. Any suggestions on how to organize workouts?
At your size and weight, I think you should get some protein in you and hit the weights. Do some cardio and such but man, you need muscle mass. We're about the same hight and I'm 200 lbs, and I'm carrying 24% body fat, so I have some work to do to get below 20%. Sounds to me like you just need to bulk up (again, protein) and hit the weights. There's a ton of programs free on line, just Google.
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.