View Single Post
Old 01-05-2017, 01:09 PM   #33
Sometimes it's black and white

I have an old Windows 7 desktop that I plug directly into my living room TV with HDMI. Windows 7 media player has a DVR. I use this for OTA. I even have a remote that works with the media player DVR.

For ESPN, I'm using a co-workers XFINITY password, but I'm tired of having to watch all the sports live and not being able to fast forward through commercials. I'm willing to go illegal when the only option is some type of bundle (I started paying for Sunday ticket when I could buy a stand alone streaming that didn't require DirectTV). But $40 for the ESPN sports isn't too unreasonable.

So the Playstation option with a cloud DVR sound like it has potential.

How friendly is the DVR for fast forwarding through commercials? So I would be using the Windows 7 desktop. I have a wireless mouse and keyboard on the coffee table. As I presume I would have to do this with a mouse (as opposed to any sort of remote). It is not a "smart" TV nor do I have any other type of console or cable box attached to it.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.