Thread: Other Sports Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2020, 03:37 PM   #3668
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Stopped by the local gun shop just now. I don't believe I'd been in there since I bought my new Sig last year.

The good news - they still have some guns. The selection is probably about half of what it was before the apocalypse hit, but they still have a passable selection of pistols and a few ARs. Of course, most of the cheaper entries are gone. There were two ARs in the $700-$800 range, and everything else was in the $2,000+ range. Zero bullpup shotguns; hell, I think I only saw two shotguns on the wall.

The bad news - there was pretty much no ammo outside of obscure stuff. Zero 9mm, 10mm, .40, .45, .38, .357, .223, .308 or .762. About the only thing they did have in stock that I was familiar with was .44 magnum, so I guess if Dirty Harry stops by he'll be set. Outside of that, though, just a giant selection of shit outta luck. One of the guys who works there says it goes out as soon as they get it in. The ammo section, which at one point comprised several aisles, is now about the size of mini-fridge in my den. If that.

Now you've viewed the world of us muggles who hadn't prepared ahead of time.

The gun club keeps ammo behind the counter, you can get 100 rounds a day, sometimes more if they get a big shipment in. I get 100 .45, 9mm, 5.56 each time. $135. I have over 1000 rounds of each flavor now, figure I'll get up to 2000 and sit. I'm going shooting with my son tomorrow so that will take the numbers down some.

I got that new .22 and need to go find some .22LR for that thing now too.

12 gauge double-aught and slugs are out on the shelf, no limit, so that's good.
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote