View Single Post
Old 05-21-2020, 03:17 PM   #17
When pigs fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth View Post
That's amazing.

Card market is booming, eh?
Is that just for newer players, or are older player cards jumping?

I've quite the collection of Barry Sanders rarities that tanked as soon as he retired.
There was a huge boom in high grade rookies. Happened kind of with The Last Dance and the Trump bucks.

Literally, junk wax hof rookies became worth money almost overnight. I don't get it. There isn't a 1989 topps football card on the planet I would spend $30 for (in psa10), but both Sanders', Aikman, Irvin, and Thurman Thomas shot through the roof. I don't know if it was a shill auction, but the Thurman Thomas just went for $177.

As for Barry Sanders, early stuff (in high grade) is worth money. I had sent in a 1989 score I had as a kid to get graded. I just needed it to round out a submission and hell if it didn't come back psa10. I was thrilled. At the time, that turned it into about a $175 card. Now its regularly going north of $650-700.
tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.