View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 08:26 AM   #143
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate View Post
I'm gonna' be SO pissed if a lack of defense keeps this team from a championship, and then I have to read or listen to a bunch of bullshit about how Mahomes should have thrown 10 TD's instead of 7? Get the **** outta' here with that.
In fact, here's a mental exercise for all Chiefs fans:
Remove Mahomes from the picture. Replace him with anyone else you want to. Yes, even Brady, Rape, Goff; whoever. After careful examination, tell me on paper where the Chiefs greatest weaknesses lie. Run the numbers to your delight.
You're going to have a very difficult time selling me on Big Rape hanging 40+ on Mike Tomlin's defense, as will you with Mr. Goff scoring 50 on Wade Phillip's crew. And Brady throwing 5 TD's on Belichick? Nope.
"But, but...those defenses practice against those QB's all season long; they have a distinct advantage"!
True, so let's do this:

Fire up your Madden 2018, and assuming the game can arrange real world parameters with NO boosts or donk-cheating, start mixing those match-ups or any others of equitable value.
In the crazy world of Madden, it's entirely possible that Brady could hang 40 or more on Wade Phillips, but you have to factor in the "Madden Quotient" vs Reality to produce any meaningful assessment. Perform this "lab work" for yourself to discover the following undeniable and irrefutable truths:

1) The Chiefs current shit-ass defense can not perform its job and can succeed only in making other teams appear to have QB's who are magically on the same level as PMII( when has Brady been putting up 40+ a game on a regular basis during the course of his career? I'll wait. ).

2) Despite conventional and flawed beliefs, the Chiefs WILL need a defense far greater than this current piece of shit to win anything meaningful, and to make sure that other elite QB's perform within their established baselines, NOT exceeding them every...****ing...TIME...that we play them. The performance of Bob Sutton and his defense should be held to production standards that were established by said piece of shit defense in the seasons 2013 and 2014, respectively.

3) This team is a heaping pile of jack-dick without PMII, and it is unrealistic and absurd to expect our QB to carry this team every game, every season. THAT particular attribute is SUPPOSED to be a, "sometimes, the QB just has to put the team on his back and carry them". That is the EXACT phrase I have heard at CP 100 times over. You DID read that part that said "sometimes", yes? You DO understand that "sometimes" does not mean "every game", yes? I swear 3/4 of you have become spoiled rotten by this kid already, and have forgotten just how ****-awful it was to watch "Twisty the Peg Leg" attempt to play Quarterback for this team.

So, Veach and Buttons can begin their post season by enjoying long days and nights in the film room with the head of scouting and several pots of coffee to keep them company. They can start by looking at CB's and yes, Safeties. Because the one some of you folks are holding out for?

Spoiler!

TEX has disabled reputation