Thread: Movies and TV Star Wars: Rebels
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 11:17 AM   #812
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
When my oldest was 6 years old, I showed her the original Star Wars movie, ANH. She kept falling asleep and just couldn't get into it.

The Clone Wars was airing on Netflix and I'd only seen sporadic episodes over the years, so we tried that. She instantly loved it and we finished it up before the premiere of Rebels in 2014.

Initially, Rebels quality was behind that of the Clone Wars, not only in story but dialogue and animation. She liked it but not as much as Clone Wars. After the end of Season One of Rebel, she was finally ready to see the movies. But I showed them to her completely out of order as to not spoil the identity of Darth Vader because the Anakin that she knew from Clone Wars was really completely different from the Anakin in the prequels.

So it really blew her mind in the reveal during TESB. She'd been trying to guess for a few weeks so when that happened, it was awesome. Now, at age 9, she's all in.

Toys, stuffed toys, movie premieres, etc. but she won't watch the Season 4 Trailer because, unlike me, she doesn't want to be spoiled.

Oh, and to answer your question, I think she'll be fine, as the episodes are only 22 minutes long but like Clone Wars, so much more enjoyable if Binged, sans commercials as well.
What order would you recommend I show her everything?

She loves Rey. Has her outfit from the Disney store. And her main thing was building her own lightsabre when we went to Disneyland 2 weeks ago.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.