View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 10:11 PM   #669
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
So for years I've heard about how good this book series by Pierce Brown is, that starts with the novel Red Rising. I've had it on Audible for I don't know how long, and for whatever reason I've never started to listen to it. Until last night, when I finally started listening to the book, and....holy shit. I don't even know how to describe it. It almost evokes Dune, which I think most of you probably know is my favorite book of all time. And i'm only maybe 5 hours into Red Rising, and I'm already thinking it's this good. I can't wait to get into the whole series, which is I think up to 7 volumes now.

Pierce Brown is a boss, too. Darrow is a badass protagonist.

It’s a good series. Major shift in tone from book 1 (all about the making and the institute) to the following books, too. In a good way.

Brown, like Herbert, does a good job of making you think about the cost of having a Messiah with a cause. Unlike Herbert, he doesn’t flinch away from showing the fallout of it as it goes. Really good stuff.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.