View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 09:53 AM   #157
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Might want to forget about Ferrell DJ. Unfortunately I think that guy is a borderline top 15 pick. Hard to see him being there at 20.
Maybe. Even probably.

But there's an interesting thing I've noticed recently - scheme versatility gets guys paid. It gets guys overdrafted, in fact.

And I'm not sure I see Ferrell as being as scheme versatile as some. Now he's absolutely ideal for what it appears we're trying to do, but that doesn't mean much to anyone else's draft board.

But you're right - it just takes one GM in the teens to fall in love and !@#$ us over. But when a guy sure looks like a pure 4-3 player, that takes more teams out of the running that we realize. And it makes some teams that might be considering him (but who may not be sold on their present system for the next 5 years) wary of him as well.

Maybe he'd be a better 3-4 player than I'm giving him credit for, but to me that's a 4-3 DE all day, every day. And that makes the market for him just limited enough that he might slip into our range.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.