View Single Post
Old 10-27-2017, 11:18 PM   #988
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Yeah, I'm FINALLY starting to get the point where I can actually kill some shit, but you can't let your guard down. The combat system is clunky as ****, and even going up against something wimpy to try new things can get you dead in a hurry.

I do enjoy it, though. It kind of reminds me of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games - it has that cool open world yet merciless quality to it.
Elex. That's the name of this game. What it should be called is I ****ING HATE YOU.

Impossibly, ridiculously difficult. And buggy. With a clunky combat system. Every creature you fight is like the alien from Alien. Every person you fight is like a ****ing terminator. And God forbid you try to attack them from range, because they all either spit some sort of ****ing poison/fire/ice/whatever, or shoot at you with the accuracy of Hawkeye. AND THERE'S NEVER JUST ONE OR TWO OF THEM, EITHER. You get dogpiled, all the time. And you can't isolate enemies, because they come at you like you ****ing stole from them. No sneak attacks. No critical damage for headshots. You'd think that eventually you could level up to get the shit you need to survive better. WRONG. It doesn't help at all. There are weapons for sale you can't use, the leveling takes too goddamn long, and after you get your stats past a certain level, it takes 2 points to level the stat. Upgrade your existing weapon? No, **** you. You burn a skill learning to upgrade your weapon and then YOU CAN'T USE YOUR UPGRADED WEAPON because the requirements just became too high. Kill somebody with cool armor or a cool weapon? When you loot the corpse, 99% of the time it doesn't show up, and that 1% of the time your skill level is too low to use it. Like massively too low.

And then I've got two quests going on that are on terminal hold because the ****ing NPCs I'm supposed to talk to don't react with the correct dialogue.

I mean seriously, it's like my wife designed the goddamn game to make me stop wanting to play games.

It's like I paid $45 to get kicked in the nuts. If I had a nickel for every time I've died in this mother****er I could buy a new gun. A really nice one.

AND I'M PLAYING ON THE LOWEST ****ING DIFFICULTY LEVEL. What would the highest be like? These things can kill you in two or three hits, and you can't get away from them. I guess on the higher levels they hit you once and you simply explode.

Christ.

For a week I've been playing this thinking that at some point it has to get better. It hasn't. If there was one element of the ****ing thing that would lighten up a bit, it might help, but this thing is just utterly relentless.

And it really has all the elements of a great game. I love the story lines. But this is just too much. I guess if you're some 18 year old basement dweller with nothing but time and lightning fast reflexes and a masochistic hatred of yourself, this is for you.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.