View Single Post
Old 06-26-2016, 07:09 AM   #130
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
Has anyone ever both smoked and sous vide a brisket? I'm thinking of smoking for a few hours then throwing into sous vide for a day or two. Maybe at 140 degrees. I don't know what the best process is.

That's the way to do it, IYAM. Smoke to 140 to maximize time in the smoke, pull it from the smoker, cool it, bag it, sous vide it.

Never done it myself.

And now that I think about it, maybe you sous vide it first, then cool it, then smoke it up to serving temp...

Hmmmm.... I think you need to test it both ways and report back. Either way, I think you need to cool it between cooking methods.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.