Thread: Movies and TV CBS: Star Trek
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 11:42 PM   #379
Special Teams ACE!!!

Of the current sci-fi shows that are still making episodes, here's how they rank for me:

1. The Expanse

(pretty significant gap)

2. Westworld
3. Discovery

4. Killjoys

5. The Orville

And after that is all the other stuff I don't watch or haven't gotten around to watching. If I choose to do so.

It's great that there are plenty of sci-fi options out there. I don't really think there's a way that a sci-fi fan can be disappointed in the options for current TV shows in the genre these days. Remember that drought from when Battlestar Galactica ended up until around 2015? It was the worst I've ever seen.

In the year 2017, sci-fi is on the rise. As low as the ratings are every time it comes on, SyFy is deeply invested in The Expanse and won't let it die (good news for fans). Killjoys has been renewed for two more seasons, at which point they'll write the show to its conclusion and not just drop it as an uncompleted project. The Orville has been renewed. Westworld has been delayed, but that was widely successful and will probably last for a long time. No clue how CBS measures ratings or success for their streaming platform, but I imagine Discovery will go for awhile, too. And if any of these REALLY gain traction the way Westworld has, we're gonna see even more options come out on different networks. Some good, some bad. But the point is... OPTIONS.

Star Trek isn't what I wanted it to be. I watch an episode of Discovery, and I go, "ehhh. Compelling in spots, but **** these new Klingons." But I'm no longer dependent on Star Trek alone. I've got all this other stuff that's way better and can be thought of as successes unto themselves.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.