Thread: Movies and TV CBS: Star Trek
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 11:14 PM   #378
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Imagine it's about a guy who drives a car in the 1960s, yet the car looks like it's from 2020.

These clowns were so intent on making everything look cool, sleek, modern and different that they clearly flipped the bird to everybody who'd ever watched Star Trek in the past. That's it in the nutshell.

If you're new to Star Trek, or have only experienced the Abrams movies, you won't care. If you're an old school Star Trek guy like me, it will piss you off. You'll either accept it based on the other things the show provides, which I for the most part have, or you won't.

But I still don't like it.

I still prefer the fan made Star Trek Continues to this. Vastly.
I see what you're saying but I also see it from the POV of a comics fan that watched Marvel go down the tubes due to politics.

I can see how it's being forced in here.

While I was always a fan of dystopian books and films I loved ST for the fact it wasn't. It was the possible best of our nature. It was us not nuking ourselves or depending on war to fund economies.

JMO but it seems like it's taking a step back, and not forward...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.