View Single Post
Old 09-23-2020, 10:25 PM   #5
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
I forget who on the Chiefs staff said this prior to the season, maybe Eric Bienemy, but it's never as good as you think, and it's never as bad as you think.

I think Sneed played well and looks like a solid starter right now, as a 4th round rookie. That alone is a victory, and I do think he's going to get better and better so long as he stays healthy. For now, if you brought back Breeland and Ward, would you bench Sneed? I wouldn't.

That being said, I could talk myself out of Sneed being anything more than decent as well. The corners across from him were bad. Keenan Allen had a couple opportunities that he couldn't connect on because Herbert couldn't make the throw or didn't see him. Herbert can't do progressions just yet.

I can talk myself into him as well. On the two long passes he allowed, one wasn't even his guy -- he came over to try to make the play when the ball was in the air on the 19 yarder. And Allen did straight up beat him on the 16 yarder but he fought his ass off for it. And his interception this game was a fantastic play, rather than the opportunism from Week 1.

I think this team still has all kinds of problems at corner: is Breeland going to still look like a good starter, is Ward going to be alright, can Fenton step up his game, do we have anybody in the slot, are Hamilton or Keyes worth anything? I think Veach is going to have to make a midseason trade for a corner.

But Sneed's promise is strong enough that it does give us one constant that we can rely on at this time.

Last edited by staylor26; 09-23-2020 at 10:32 PM..
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.