View Single Post
Old 10-07-2015, 04:25 PM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Great college accuracy is nice. But you need the arm strength to go with it, or it doesn't transfer to the pro game like you'd expect.

I am hard to impress when it comes to QB, and I think that's fair considering what the failure rate of QBs is.

His arm strength looks to have improved a lot in the clips in the last post (which are all from this year, unlike the highlight tape). That would take him up several notches in my books.

Not unusual for a lanky guy to pick up arm strength as he matures. I like the natural accuracy, but am not gaga just yet.
I agree that certain throws that can be made in college can't be made in the nfl without arm strength. I kind of see Arm strength the same way I see break away speed for a RB. It's a weapon for sure, but it's so far down the pecking order that it doesn't really matter, unless a guy just has a complete noodle. There are a few elite/really good QB's with average arm strength like Peyton, Brees, Rivers. A few elite RB's without breakaway speed. Bell, Lynch, Lacy, etc. For me personally I like the guy with the accuracy and touch much more than the guy with the cannon arm who's inconsistent with it. But that is just my personal opinion. Lots of other people value arm strength more. I really don't think arm strength is important in our offensive scheme either... Assuming Andy Reid doesn't get fired lol.
jonzie04 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jonzie04 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jonzie04 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jonzie04 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jonzie04 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jonzie04 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jonzie04 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jonzie04 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jonzie04 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jonzie04 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jonzie04 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.