View Single Post
Old 09-28-2015, 02:47 AM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saccopoo View Post
I don't see it. Reminds me a lot of Sanchez at the same level.

Seems to have decent enough feel and athleticism, but looks like he is just getting by on this level on that versus having truly elite level skill-set. He doesn't throw a good enough ball - it's loose from a spiral perspective, it's a little "lofty" without the velocity and it doesn't drive downfield.

He's also antsy in the pocket with feet that dance versus setting and throwing through the ball with a complete motion.

I think he's been a little bit of a product of Dykes' system versus having a true "elite" skill set, much the same way that Sanchez was at USC. Very good college QB that I don't see easily transitioning to the next level due to some problems in his techniques and lack of arm strength.

He'll get a lot of "Chad Pennington" comparisons, but Pennington was a better QB at the same stage. Better arm, better technique. Goff is closer to what Sanchez was at similar points in their college careers.

I do agree that his feet are antsy, much like Peyton Mannings, but his mind is cool as a cucumber. All while he's shucking and jiving he's scanning the entire field and evading pressure. He doesn't panick, and he usually makes good decisions and delivers a decent ball under pressure.

I also feel that you are massively selling his arm talent short. His arm strength is average, but he has great placement and touch. He can lob it over a defense, rifle it between defenders, He can make spot throws, he can place the ball on whatever shoulder he wants. He almost never leads his receivers into danger. Very accurate thrower.

Have you seen him this year? Or are you basing this on last year? He looks much improved.
jonzie04 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jonzie04 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jonzie04 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jonzie04 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jonzie04 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jonzie04 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jonzie04 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jonzie04 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jonzie04 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jonzie04 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jonzie04 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.