View Single Post
Old 08-11-2020, 09:21 AM   #5
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post

I know nuance is difficult, but Niang makes the decision over Fisher more difficult, and cutting or trading Fisher is the easiest way to make the cap work in 2021.

Okafor waived not only the entirety of his 2021 cap, but waived off $2m of his cap this year, which could maybe be rolled over to 2021. Which is a huge burden lifted.

Hell, we’ve got 15m in space right now that we could roll over in its entirety if we don’t sign someone, and that alone would allow us to keep Fisher altogether, combined with a couple minor moves.
Just really disagree with you on this one.

I don't think cutting Fisher was ever on the table as a real consideration. Converting salary into signing bonuses, extending centerpiece players... those are the fallbacks for potentially disastrous drops in 2021 cap.

Everything Veach has done has set up to retain the key players on his team. The starting LT, who is paid at fair market value and is above average if not elite, is one of those.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.