View Single Post
Old 08-07-2020, 11:38 AM   #183
The Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Can you imagine how awful this would be if you were actually EXCITED for your squad?

Like, Reds fans really thought they were building something. And maybe they are, maybe they aren't - but ya ain't learning shit this year. Or the Yankees who are finally churning out some homegrown talent again w/ Torres and Judge and Sanchez and aggressively grabbed the guy who should've won the CY last year and seemed poised break their drought. Even if they do now, it'll have an asterisk. Rebuilding teams could have seen young players develop and ponder on the future. There are a lot of teams that had fun stuff to look forward to and now none of it means dick.

Fortunately, as a Cardinals fan I'm just marking time for 6 years in the hopes that someday we won't have Goldschmidt, Carpenter, Fowler and Molina on this squad anymore. Sadly, we almost certainly will. Or they'll be replaced with other aging and unproductive roster fodder that our front office will refuse to get rid of.

I had very little excitement for this season BEFORE it went off the rails. Especially coming off a SB run in football and SC in hockey. I had teams that had plans and built things and won around talented young players and big-time energy.

Then...I had the Cardinals. And their old balls. And bitchy attitudes.

Hurray....baseball is back. And it sucks. And I don't really care because it was going to suck anyway.
I'm actually enjoying the hell out of the Royals season. When you have zero expecations going into a season its nice. We are actually seeing our young gun pitching prospects. If this was a normal 162 season they would have signed some broke dick veterans who we all would have been pissed about.
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.