View Single Post
Old 04-13-2024, 08:24 PM   #13987
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
I hope so......
I'm swinging some SPY puts over the weekend so I'm hoping to cut loose first thing Monday morning if those knuckleheads in the ME keep bombing each other.

That's a hell of a week you had on Apple calls. I don't trust myself to let my profit get that high on options. I get up anywhere past 10% and it makes me too nervous to hold. I had a load of 0dte puts last Friday I sold for a 30% profit, where if I would have held it would have been over 300%.

I'm still new to options but I'm learning more every day, and reading everything I can about it. I think I enjoy trading options more than stocks, but man it's easy to blow your account if you don't have a plan. I've found that you gotta have a plan and you gotta stick with it. I've gotten lucky a time or 2 chasing a call or put, but more often than not it's caused me problems. And one bad day doing stupid shit will set you back weeks. So, knowing that I'm not the best trader, and knowing I don't have the ironclad willpower to not do stupid shit, I moved the bulk of my playing around trading money out of my Webull account and put that into my Vanguard account (which is not for day trading), and only kept 2k in to trade options on Webull.

It's not much, but it's what I had to do to force me to start making smarter trades and it keeps my wife happier. Plus, it helps me find better entries on trades since I've got such a small account and I can't do unlimited day trades. Hopefully one day I can get a nice week like yours, but until then I'm just going to concentrate on one good trade at a time.
rydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote