View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 02:35 PM   #34
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
I don't think that's really far-fetched.

A Jones deal could clear a lot of his 2020 cap hit. If Clowney continues to be unable to find the long-term, megadeal he wants, he may look for a good one-year situation to increase his stock and accept a lower yearly rate ($12 million?)
I don't think this is a realistic scenario. Clowney's already turned down $18.5 million per year from Seattle and he's turned down Cleveland among other teams. The Raiders recently made a huge pitch to him (the numbers haven't been disclosed but it's been reported that it was much higher than any other offer he's received this year) and he hasn't signed with them, either.

I just can't see a scenario in which Clowney agrees to play for the Chiefs for $10-12 million per and even if $12 million was his asking price, half the league would jump into a bidding war, which would most likely leave the Chiefs out in the cold.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.