View Single Post
Old 12-08-2023, 01:02 PM   #44
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingRed View Post
P-38 and p-47 were my planes I loved. Also had soft spot for P-40. On American side.

Germans FW-190, and ME-262

British Spitrefire mk9 was a beast

Spitfire was my favorite as a kid, then the P-51D Mustang, and then the F4U Corsair. Was also a big fan of the F6 Hellcat.

In the early '90s there was a WWII air combat sim game called 'AirWarrior,' that I played for awhile, which featured 'realistic' aerodynamics and performance parameters for each aircraft. So, for example, if you tried to hold a max rate flat turn in any plane, it'd quickly lose enough AS to stall, usually resulting in a spin. The Corsair would flip over into an upside-down flat spin, true to the actual plane's tendencies.

I quickly learned the advantages/disadvantages between stall fighters and E fighters, and why planes like the Mustang and the Corsair were so feared by Axis pilots.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.