View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 10:43 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
As far as Trent Green goes, if you combine any Chiefs defense from the last couple of years with the offense from that 2002 or 2003 squad, we're probably talking about a team that at least gets the team to the AFC championship. All they ever needed was a defense that wasn't historically inept.

I don't think Alex Smith is even close to Trent Green, however.
On your first point I agree, but that offense was a dream with Holmes, Roaf, Shields, Gonzalez. Trent Green was very good, so it was altogether outstanding. I was always a fan of Trent Green. But he wasn't a franchise QB. He could have done his thing for another 7 years and never would have even been a discussion for Hall of Fame. I want the superstar QB, nothing less.

And to those saying Alex Smith isn't even close to Trent Green - I'm not so sure. You put him on that 2003 team, assume he plays at his 2012 form...whose to say? Neither of them takes us to the promised land so I really don't care.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.