View Single Post
Old 09-26-2018, 06:00 PM   #580
Needs more middle fingers

Saw The Nun this past weekend. Took my wife and son to see it. It's his first real horror movie at age 11.

I'll start off by saying that if you're one of those stuffy "that didn't make sense" movie goers, then this isn't for you. But i enjoyed it.

The movie has all your typical jump scare cliches:

1. The movie is entirely filmed under a "pale moon light" aka, the movie is dark and filmed with shades or blues and grays. Yeah, you know what i mean.

2. The characters routinly make dumb decisions. You know, the typical, "Hey something evil and scary is happening. Everyone split up!" That kinda shit.

3. There a couple real eye roll moments.

But......

1. Excellent jump scare movie. That's what this movie is. It's a jump scare movie and it does it fairly well.

2. Excellent use of shadows and veils. The church/Nun thing gives it some real creepy vibes. Cinematography was nothing original, but it served this movie well.

In summation, this is one of those movies you took your woman to back when you were 19. The story line is full of holes, there's some scenes that are eye roll worthy, jump scares galore with some dark, brooding imagery. It's your token Hollywood horror movie, but it's really good at being that. For what it is, a cheap thrill, it did a great job. If you're a fan of "The Conjuring" movie universe, i highly advise you see this one.

Last edited by ModSocks; 09-26-2018 at 06:07 PM..
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.