View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 09:22 PM   #106
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowanian View Post
I am curious about makes and models ...which are reliable and tough, which if the systems I'd like better the slip clutch or sheer pins....I guess , interested in opinions on forward turn versus reverse turn tines....

Best product for price. I know land pride are made in Kansas.
I don't have much info on brands. Take a look at the gear box and frame. I don't know if any of them have mounts for suitcase weights, but they might be helpful depending on soil type.

Make sure you pay attention to the the class of hitch then buy a quick coupler. It doesn't matter how much you think you don't need a quick coupler, buy a quick coupler.

Slip clutches will be better IMO. You'll hate it when you have to rebuild it, but it will hold down more power and be easier on your gearbox if it slips. Just make sure you loosen it after the season is over.

TYPICALLY (I've never run a 3 point model) the reverse spinning blades dig better but leave the seedbed rougher. Forward spinning won't dig much but the seedbed will be a dream. If you could get a reversing transmission that would be superior but I don't know if that's available. With my walk behind it works really well to go over in reverse then forward.

As far as priorities I'd go:
Gearbox
Hitch/Frame
Tines

Slip clutch

Features etc
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.