View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 08:45 AM   #132
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
Considering most of those guys are system guys, I think this is pretty different. I would think he's smart enough to know the Tampa 2 is dead but who knows. But more than anything, it's about expectations. Anyone who thought lovie or chan would excel in college is a moron. I certainly think as long as he somewhat modernizes the scheme the team could easily be an above .500 bowl contender. But yeah, of course if the expectation is to be a consistent top 10 or 20 team, that's totally unrealistic.
It is more than just X's and O's and scheme.

Herm hasn't been involved in the world of college football recruiting in 30 years and that was at a small level school.

If Herm builds a strong coaching staff and he serves as more of a CEO type HC I could maybe see this work, but considering Kevin Sumlin was there for the taking... a proven winner at the collegiate level, a good recruiter and an innovative offensive mind, I don't know why Arizona State felt the need to hire Herm.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.