View Single Post
Old 03-25-2018, 09:10 AM   #194
Rufus Dawes Jr.

With the 54th pick in the NFL Draft,

The Kansas City Chiefs select Lorenzo Carter, OLB, Georgia

You want to cover up a weakened secondary, you better be able to rush the passer. This was the number one issue with the 2017 defensive unit, and lets be honest, had we had a pass rush, I think that team plays in the AFC Championship game. Houston is aging and needs a strong complimentary player opposite of him. Ford is in his final year and coming off injury, who knows if he will be ready. Tanoh Kpassagnon is a promising project, but we don’t really know what we have in him. I can't take another year of Frank Zombo at OLB.

You add a guy like Carter to the Chiefs LB unit and suddenly the future looks bright again at the position with guys like Houston and Ford (if healthy) backed up by a young explosive guys like Carter and Kpassagnon. Pass rushers are important, and by picking Carter maybe Zombo can be the backup he is intended to be.

What do the Chiefs love? Speed. Now we have some on Defense.

I’m actually a bit nervous to be drafting for the Chiefs. Not having a first round pick makes it all the more difficult to get the pick right in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I’m not one to draft players with an eye to the 2018 depth chart, as draft picks to me are more positional investments. The Chiefs have holes, and a lot of them on the defensive side of the ball. Still, I think one has to be wise with each pick and also take into consideration the investment the team has at a particular position.

Can someone please PM the next guy, I'm headed to church.
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.