Thread: Football NFL MVP... Brees or Mahomes
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 12:09 PM   #83
In BB I trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahomer View Post
Except 3 of those picks were essentially hail marys. LOL. The Saints have basically never been in a hail mary position all season. Not surprising Brees doesn't have any of those garbage time picks. All Qbs have those. Rodgers/Manning/Brady. Not sure why Mahomes is getting penalized for that.

And even if all 10 were poor in-game decisions, 10 ints is still ridiculously low for someone who leads the league in passing yards. Go look up the passing yardage kings all these years. Almost no one has fewer ints than Mahomes does.

As far as completion percentage, yes Brees is killing it but Mahomes isn't shabby himself at almost 68%. Considering Brees has 60 plus fewer passing attempts, of course, his completion percentage will be inflated. That's basically equivalent to Mahomes having to play almost 2 more games than Brees. So, of course, Mahomes percentage will be hurt because of variance and Brees percentage will be better.

Ironically I am of the mindset that the lifetime award aspect of this conversation actually hurts Brees here. If Brees never winning an MVP is weighted into this conversation then I am weighing the fact that Mahomes is essentially a rookie vs Brees and of course because of that it's way easier for Brees to do what he's doing after 15 whatever years of experience than it is for Mahomes to be doing this. I don't buy the, "he's young, he'll have other chances...." MVP years are specifically designed to recognize abnormal playing years. Mahomes year is 10x more abnormal considering Mahomes age and experience than Brees not throwing picks as a 15-year vet.

Look at Cam Newton/Rodgers/Matt Ryan/ none of them had a year quite like their MVP seasons. There is no evidence Mahomes will catch lightning in a bottle again. Defenses were not planning for Mahomes until well after his 14-0 TD to int ratio start. If I was voting no way I vote Brees.

You should consider being a lawyer. You can certainly spin facts!
Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.