View Single Post
Old 11-20-2018, 12:37 PM   #167
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphojunkie View Post
I respect your posts, but this is as dumb a statement as has ever been made on CP by someone who isn't a complete ****tard.

I mean, the sports culture may not LOOK like yours, but that's because there is about 1000000x more money to be made off opening an upscale bar with $15 cocktails versus a Johnny's Tavern with Miller Lite on tap and chicken wings. Also, people's understanding of what LA is usually is decided by the 3-4 predominantly upscale neighborhoods they visit on business or vacation.
I call it like I see it. I was in Long Beach a few weeks ago and had trouble finding a sports bar - any sports bar. I had to drive to Seal Beach or somewhere, and the first one I found had no food menu and half a dozen sad-looking people in it who were clearly only there for the alcohol, so I had to leave and find another one (which in fairness was a good one). I go to Orange County regularly, and have found precisely one sports bar there so far that's what I would call legit. I ran a race in Escondido a few years ago and drove all over trying to find a sports bar afterwards. I ran a race north of downtown Los Angeles last year and could only find a pathetic one in that area. Here in Denver, I've got 10 that are within a 15 minute drive.

Maybe I'm missing something. Maybe there's a different term for them that I don't know. But all I know is that it's hard for me to find a place to watch games when I'm there, and I'm not just hanging out in one area.

And I also observe that three NFL franchises have pulled out of the area over the years. That seems notable.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.