View Single Post
Old 04-16-2024, 03:28 PM   #40216
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
Wasn’t that a **** up, too? They were supposed to be doing the piece on Gannon and he wasn’t there for some reason. They didn’t know the difference and just went with Grbac lol

I feel like there’s no way that’s true but would be hilarious if so.
That's the story.

I don't have any ill-will towards Grbac. It's not his fault he was mediocre and honestly for the era, he was one of those pure pocket passers that wasn't bad at it. A poor man Bledsoe, if you will.

He was an average QB who played average QB here. In an era where we were still trying to win with average QBs and a dominant defense. The problem is that only the '97 team still had a great defense (it was tailing off) and he got hurt and the Broncos game happened. And he still played okay in that game - hell, we put as big a scare into the Broncos as anyone did on their way to the championship.

But Marcus was on fumes and it was a really weird gameplan of going underneath with the ball but NOT to Tony G. 7 targets the whole game? None in the first half and 4 of them came in the desperation drive at the end of the game.

I don't hold that eras failures against Grbac. Marty wears the goat horns, IMO - he just got weird in the post-season.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.