Thread: Movies and TV Wonder Woman (2017)
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 07:54 AM   #356
MVP

Finally got to see this. I don't know if it was all the hype that raised my expectations too high, but I was pretty disappointed. Looks like I'm in the minority though.

Gadot performed better than I expected. The accent was a little jarring, but got used to it. Until the end and she did that monologue. That was annoying, although more for the fact that I didn't care for the monologue. The accent just made it more annoying. I was originally one of those against her casting, but after seeing her I'm OK with it. I think someone like Carino would have fit better visually, but Gadot is a much better actress than I was expecting.

I was actually enjoying it up until the end. It felt a lot like a middle of the road Marvel film. I think my issue started with the motorcycle. It totally pulled me out of the movie. Seriously, I immediately thought, "JFC I don't need to see Captain Kirk on another god damned motorcycle!!!" Probably a personal issue, but it really triggered with me. I have a hard enough time focusing on a movie / tv show as it is.

At least that ended quickly enough, but then the final combat scene started. I felt like I was watching a Kung Fury sequel. The effects were absolutely the worst I have seen outside of a SyFy channel movie. This was a shame, because the rest of the movie was really pretty enjoyable. Not great, but definitely worth watching up until that.
unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.