View Single Post
Old 11-22-2018, 01:20 AM   #19625
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Yeah Patrick made that mistake on the Peters INT in LA (poor playcall too).

I hated him as a player, but Peyton Manning is probably the smartest QB who has ever lived. He said he would tell Mahomes to not be so overconfident and take plays sometimes.

I think he’ll learn that. Not this year, but soon.
The Peters INT play was very frustrating. They had 1:28 left in the game with 3 time outs and the ball at the Rams 48 yard line. 1-10. The playcall had Mahomes rolling out away from donald and Kelce staying into block. 3 WR's ran deep and the Rams had 6 DBs back with them. It's a horrible playcall in that situation. Mahomes should have thrown it away or tried to run outside of Kelce's block for some yards. I'm not sure when he wound up to throw if he had a WR deeper than their DB's but regardless, they had no reason to force it; they had time, field position and timeouts on their side. Bad playcall and bad decision on Mahomes. They will all learn and I'd rather have these learning situations happen during the season than I would during the playoffs.

The sad thing is outside of the final 2 INT's, he was brilliant and showing the world why he deserved the MVP. He looked head and shoulders above what Goff looked. Hell, I thought the team looked much better outside of special teams.
jaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli