Thread: Food and Drink What Salsas are you guys running
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2021, 06:01 PM   #75
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Produce out here is hit or miss I’m not a big pico guy due to the cilantro thing (Baby Lee knows the science better than I do. I’ll defer to his explanation), but it’s on my to do list to make my own salsa after harvest calms down.
Yeah, I get that. Some people just don't like cilantro so when you make it yourself, don't add it.

Obviously, it's very different out here because in addition to all of the brands mentioned in this thread that are available at any grocery store, we have Mexican markets everywhere that make their own fresh salsas every day and for less than the typical jar of salsa.

With that said, I rarely find a Pico de Gallo that suits my taste. Some have cilantro, some don't, some use white onions, some use red onions and some even add celery(!) so I found that the only way I'm truly happy is making my own. Generally speaking, I'll involve my kids because they enjoy the process and eating fresh salsa a few hours after we make it.

However, the biggest advantage that we have here is that most of the Mexican markets also make fresh chips everyday and I gotta tell ya, there's nothing better than fresh tortilla chips.

There's just no way to get around it: They're a million times better than pre-packaged, regardless of the store bought brand.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.