Thread: Food and Drink Drink of choice tonight? PART DEUX
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2014, 10:48 AM   #196
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderhader View Post
I'm intrigued. More details please.
Sorry, just saw this....

Basically I was in an awesome restaurant (with a killer bar) in Sioux Falls, SD called Crawford's with a friend and they made their Scotch drinks by swirling a small amount of Scotch in the glass (just enough to get it wet), tossing the small amount they used to wet the glass, charring a wood plank, covering the smoking part of the plank with the glass, then putting the Scotch in the flavored glass and serving. I'm told the wetting of the glass is optional and adjusts the intensity/retention of the flavor/aroma. I'm no Scotch/Bourbon/whiskey drinker, but those who were said they loved it..

It was right before Halloween, and when I told my bar tending-teaching, liquor store-owning, neighbor about it he remembered it and we decided to add fire to our Halloween handouts. We've always offered adult libations to what we offer the parents who are walking their kids through the candy-gathering process! I will say this, it went over super-duper well!!

http://www.foodandwine.com/blogs/201...cocktails.mobi
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.