View Single Post
Old 01-04-2022, 10:20 AM   #150
Forever Royal

Headed to Placencia Belize for NYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTown View Post
My in-laws celebrated their 50th Wedding Anniversary down there in 2013. We absolutely loved our visit and vowed to come back. The water is just absolutely amazing. We'll be doing lots of snorkeling on this trip.

Tell me more about Iguana Island. Is it a day trip? bars, restaurants, beaches or just a walking tour to see the iguanas and sea life and then head back?

Iguana island requires a boat trip. If one wanted I think you could even kayak there from Leeward Marina but our boat just picked us up on the beach by our hotel. It’s completely uninhabited, except by a unique species of iguanas only found on a few places such as that island. What we loved about it is that they take you to these islands and areas that are completely uninhabited and unspoiled by anything. Look the same as they did 1000 years ago. So lots of good shelling also. The one we did was a half day, four hours I think and included a few islands. It’s a fairly short boat ride so you get plenty of time to explore.

They dove for fresh conch along the way and prepared it along with rum punch for a snack. They gave the conch shells to whoever wanted them so we got a couple. We did snorkeling but I can’t recall if it was the same boat and excursion. We also did parasailing which I bet the young people would enjoy.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote