View Single Post
Old 04-19-2024, 10:48 AM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
There's nothing "desperate" about trading up if there's somebody that we love. And we actually are exactly a player or two away from the Super Bowl. We just went to the Super Bowl that we won in OT, and then we lost a couple of good players.
I 100% agree. I don't really understand the notion of saying we're not a team that is 1 or 2 players away. I think a team that has been there like us, consistently, is usually 1 or 2 players away from being there again. A team that hasn't been in the playoffs or is in a reset of sorts (a la Buffalo) is the type that maybe wouldn't be as apt to throw caution to the wind and go for broke on a superstar/stud. Teams like them need to fill multiple holes.

We have two really glaring holes... sure we need to always address depth but we don't need to fix it all right now. We're talking about going for a f'n 3-peat. If it costs me a 2nd and future 3rd to go up and get A guy, I'm going for it.

I was looking specifically at this list of players yesterday and thought to myself, no matter what we do in terms of going for broke for a guy, there's still options out there elsewhere to backfill with:

RB Boston Scott
RB Matt Breida

WR Tyler Boyd
WR Mecole Hardman
WR Odell Beckham Jr

OT Donovan Smith
OT Mekhi Becton
OT/G Andrus Peat

CB Adoree Jackson
CB Akhello Witherspoon

Move up for Fautanu or Thomas and worry about the rest as it comes. That's my 2 cents.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote