View Single Post
Old 11-15-2018, 04:02 AM   #4
MVP

I do have mixed feelings about whether or not he's a guy you can rely upon to stay healthy and be consistent in terms of inking him to a long-term deal. He has grown considerably, even if he's an incredibly late bloomer. The thing about Ford is he's the type of edge defender the NFL needs these days if they want to get pressure off the edge because QBs get the ball out far too quickly for most guys to get there.

I remain of the belief that we're going to see much more emphasis on the Aaron Donald types in the NFL in the future. Donald obviously isn't the first of his kind and he has significant work yet to do to be held in the same conversation as John Randle, but he's the type of interior pass rusher that can get to the QB far quicker than an edge player can. If I were going to focus efforts and resources on a position, I'd make it my defensive line and re-signing Chris Jones is going to be extremely important.

In any event, there is one thing I agree on and that is not letting him walk. Certainly, the Chiefs WILL NOT let him walk. He's either a tag and trade or a re-signing. I wouldn't squabble over either decision.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.