Thread: Other Sports The Fishing Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2018, 05:56 PM   #2268
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDj23 View Post
We are a week from the 4th of July and I still haven't caught a fish this year.

I'm to the point where this isn't even fun anymore. I know they aren't my spots, but i get so pissed off when i see someone fishing or throwing a net in one of "my spots". Facebook has ruined the secret fishing hole. Two years ago there was rarely another fisherman on that river. Now I see someone new each time i go down there.

I can't get bait and I destroyed my 4th cast net in little over a years time on Monday. Those add up at $25 a pop. My spots are being taken over by out of towners from Missouri who get there at 4 am and fish all ****ing weekend. I finally was able to get more than a few shad on Sunday and got chased off by a storm 45 minutes in.

I just want to catch some fish. Is that too much to ask?

/rant over
I could've written this rant for the last several years, there are bajillions of wannabe Jeremy Wades these days out there hogging everything up and pressuring the hell out of the area

My advice is to start thinking small, there are monster catfish in the deep pools of every single creek that feeds off your favorite river... all 3 of my top cats, and some of my favorite sport fishing moments came from the deep, and sometimes very shallow, pools of a small creek

Spend an extra $5 in gas and get away from the crowds
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.