View Single Post
Old 05-05-2020, 06:50 PM   #17
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Mom - I've started watching the reruns some, and it's funny as hell. Also sometimes hits uncomfortably close to home, reminding me of people I've known and dark places I've been before, thankfully all long, long ago. Clearly the writers have some serious life issues/trailer trash in their backgrounds. Alison Janney is amazing.
I'm friends with the people that produce and write Mom, and I'm super close friends with their head writer/EP. Sitting in a room with these people is un-****ing-believably funny. The comedy gets "dark" sometimes but that's because we're all drinking or doing edibles or whatever and shit goes off the rails. But they're all normal people (besides the fact that some of them of stupid wealthy-big time **** You money). A few of the people are originally from Iowa and Missouri.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
The Kominsky Method
Some of the same people are involved in Komisnky Method and I finally caught up with the show late last year, more of a courtesy than anything else.

If you're fan of "Old School" actors like Michael Douglas and Alan Arkin, you'll probably like the show. For me, the premise was a bit surprising, even though it's right there in the title. It's a comedy but it really borders on "Dramedy", so it's not funny all the time. I found the show to be a little "uneven" at times but it's worth watching overall, mainly to see Michael Douglas and Alan Arkin.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.