View Single Post
Old 08-08-2020, 09:36 AM   #29
The Demon Preacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
This idea ain’t dead yet. Tarantino, 1930’s gangsters and Star Trek? Sign me up

————————————————————-

A second “Star Trek” film is the much-buzzed-about idea from Quentin Tarantino. The “Pulp Fiction” and “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood” director worked with “The Revenant” scribe Mark L. Smith to draft an R-rated “Star Trek” script based on his idea. Deadline’s report reveals Tarantino’s movie “is based on an episode of the classic ‘Star Trek’ series that takes place largely earthbound in a 1930s gangster setting.”

The episode in question is most likely “A Piece of the Action,” the 17th episode of the second season of “Star Trek: The Original Series.” The installment aired January 12, 1968 and found the Enterprise crew visiting a planet with an Earth-like 1920s gangster culture. That Tarantino’s “Star Trek” idea was a gangster movie isn’t too surprising, as the filmmaker revealed in an interview with Deadline in July 2019 that his plan for “Trek” was to bring in some “Pulp Fiction” elements.
I'm not a huge Tarantino fan. I do, though, understand his appeal. I was willing to give him a shot at this being that I love Trek and I get the guy is super talented.

That said, a 30's gangster Star Trek sounds like 12 pounds of dogshit in a 5lb bag.
Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.