View Single Post
Old 12-01-2022, 07:21 PM   #82
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx View Post
QT makes a specific kind of film and I just don't see how the tone of his films can ever possibly work in Trek.

It will, more than likely, turn into some overly bloody and ultra violent romp through space and I just couldn't possibly care less for it. Use a franchise that lends itself to that type of writing... like Alien or Predator.

I just don't want him to teabag Trek... and that is exactly what I expect he would do.

---

I would love to be wrong though because I love Trek and if he were to make a worthy entry into the cannon I wouldn't hold it against him.
I had the same kneejerk reaction, but I came around. Because it would work as long as they stayed true to the characters. Don't make the crew into Tarantino characters, drop them into a Tarantino movie (via time travel or other sci-fi means) and let them be fish out of water playing against that. There have been a ton of Trek episodes that did versions of that, not to mention Star Trek IV.
Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.