Thread: Chiefs Albert Wilson
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2020, 08:25 AM   #71
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Naaaah.

I'm not a believer in the "thunder & lightning" strategy.

If we have a system built around quickness then we should stock up on speedy receivers so they're more plug-n-play in the event of an injury. Rather than having to adjust timing/strategy because we threw some plodder out there.

Reminds me of teams like the Chargers who draft big body, slow WR's and then sign some small, quick gadget guy in Travis Benjamin. That shit is dumb. He ends up just looking miscast.

It's a philosophy. You either believe in WR's who separate quickly, or you believe in big guys who win on contested catches. I dont like that mix and match shit. You lose your identity.
Agreed. And if you want, you can use Kelce at goal line some as a WR you could. We are missing that tall receiver who can catch a fade in the end zone ut it isn't like we have trouble punching it in even though we don't have a bruising running game. I've seen D Rob play that role of goal line WR. Kelce seems to be the guy who just sits down in space compared to getting tons jump balls. Perhaps we could get a nice TE2 that can also do that by committee.

But quick gadgety guys....that is what Andy Reid's offense covets. Kelvin Benjamin did nothing when he was here. I get he was washed up, but it wasn't a great system for him to have success here either.

Last edited by BWillie; 02-07-2020 at 08:30 AM..
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.