View Single Post
Old 03-25-2024, 12:38 PM   #136
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
By January… 13 teams were starting a backup qb. That is a way bigger problem than poor tackling. In fact I’d argue that even with all the rules in place last season was one of the best defense seasons we’ve seen in many years. You don’t like 15 yard flags but I also don’t like seeing guys, especially offensive players and most especially WRs, getting knocked out of games left and right because defenses are hit sticking receivers.

The best thing the nfl can do is to keep great players on the field to the best of their ability. And this is a very big problem for the nfl right now. Soft tackling is WAY better to watch than Blaine gabbert playing for a month or longer.

So, was last season an outlier or the norm? Because just saying that "13 teams were starting backup QBs," without any context isn't very compelling, or at least it shouldn't be.

And how many of those QBs were injured by drop tackles? Just wondering, because I know at least a couple top-tier QBs were injured in no-contact situations.

I get wanting to keep great players on the field, but we've watched things decline to the point where DEs are hugging QBs instead of tackling them. And LBs/DBs are holding up instead of tackling running QBs for fear of drawing yet another idiotic flag (and a hefty fine from the league).

And at the end of the day, football is a violent extremely physical sport and injuries are going to happen. If you're that concerned about largely accidental injuries, maybe we really should just take the pads off and put the flags on and just play little girl football instead.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.