Thread: Football Broncos news megathread
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 12:32 PM   #169
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
They had one of the best run defenses in the league the year before he was drafted, too. In fact:

2010 (Before Aldon): 3.5 YPC allowed

2011 (Aldon plays 50.8% of snaps): 3.5 YPC allowed

2012 (Aldon plays 95.5% of snaps): 3.7 YPC allowed

2013 (Aldon plays 79.9% of snaps): 3.9 YPC allowed

Also, since coming into the league, Von has more stops and half as many missed tackles as Aldon.

Damn, I'd really love to fully debate with you on this. I was really into our discussion on Charles vs. Terrell Davis but I just can't bring myself to care enough to research stats on this one..

I will say that what you've brought me doesn't support your declaration that Aldon is a "liability" against the run. It could just mean that Von is really ****ing good. And given the fact that Smith is a 3-4 OLB I won't even attempt to argue that he's better in pass coverage.

So it appears Aldon edges Von out in pass rushing while Von has the upper hand against the run and in coverage.

These guys get paid to rush the passer, though.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.